The first ECARDC meeting was held at Aarhus University, Denmark in 1989. Since then conferences have been organised in Leiden (twice), Giessen, Manchester, Paris, London, Yiwu (China) and Leeds. The conferences have resulted in edited volumes of selected papers that were well-received in scholarly circles, such as:
- Peter Ho, Jacob Eyferth, and Eduard B. Vermeer (eds.) Rural Development in Transitional China: The New Agriculture, (London: Frank Cass Publications, 2003) also published as a special issue of The Journal of Peasant Studies;
- Louis Augustin-Jean and Björn Alpermann (eds) The Political Economy of Agro-Food Markets in China (Palgrave Macmillan,2013)
- Flemming Christiansen and Junzuo Zhang (ed.) Village Inc.: Chinese Rural Society in the 1990s, (London, Curzon Press, 1998)
- Eduard B. Vermeer (ed.) From Peasant to Entrepeneur: Growth and Change in Rural China, (Wageningen, Pudoc, 1992);
- Jørgen Delman, Clemens S. Østergaard and Flemming Christiansen (eds.) Remaking Peasant China: Problems of Rural Development and Institutions at the Start of the 1990s, (Aarhus: Aarhus University Press, 1990).
Other publications of ECARDC can be downloaded from http://hup.sub.uni-hamburg.de/giga/jcca/issue/view/17.